Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Blue Nile, A Ruby Pug, and a Rainbow of Ribbons.

We went to eat at The Blue Nile in Ferndale. It's Ethiopian and the tradition is to eat from the same plate and share the same bread -- there is a belief that once you've done this you'll never betray the other person. (The jury is still out on that one.)I wanted to eat there one last time before we moved. I'm not thinking there is a lot of Ethopian to be had in Northern Minnesota. I completely stuffed myself. Ethiopian cooking is low in fat but I think I made up for it in volume!

.
I had to have the tea which I love. It's not sweetened with sugar (which is not used traditionally in Ethiopia) or honey but the combination of spices fools your tastebuds -- you'd swear there was sweetener. And I'm craving more right now!



You've painted up your lips
And rolled and curled your tinted hair
Ruby are you contemplating going out somewhere
The shadow on the wall tells me the sun is going down
Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town.


After dinner we went for a walk and met Ruby the Pug Puppy. She was so cute and renewed my desire for a tiny dog. Well, there is no room at the inn for a while. The last dog I fostered at the shelter was a Pomeranian puppy named Chester -- he completely stole my heart. I found him a terrific home with an older couple who spoil him as much as I did.

Ferndale is a really pleasant city, really designed upon the concept of people window shopping. There are a lot of arty places, bookstores, a farmer's market, and a health food store. Just a nice, community.

We drive around with a bazillion bumper sticker stating our beliefs -- okay, my beliefs, but today I saw a car which sport every colored ribbon. (Including what I would consider a redundant combination of a red,white, and blue ribbon and a yellow ribbon.) I then sang Tie a Yellow Ribbon, and I sensed that my husband was rethinking the whole marriage thing. (Earlier -- between the Pug and the drive home -- he told me that marriage to me as an "Incredible Adventure." I'm not sure now to take having my husband make me sound like the latest ride at Cedar Point -- and he hates amusement park rides. Oh well, I'm pretty sure it as a compliment.

Lyrics for Ruby (Don't Take You Love To Town) by M. Tillis.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sony MP3
Adopt your own useless blob! Blogcritics.org Blogwise - blog directory Who Links Here Listed on 
BlogShares Get Firefox!
Click on the graphic to vote for this
page as a Starting Point Hot Site.

      
Marriage is love.
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day by TheWebsiteOfEverything