Monday, April 18, 2005

POPular

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2005-04-17-pepsi_x.htm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050418/RCOKE18/TPBusiness/TopStories

Quickest weight loss in my life was after giving up pop. (AKA "soda" to people not from my neck of the woods.) Yep, the weight dropped off.

I grew up on Diet Pop - my mother was a TAB addict. Does anyone actually remember TAB? Acquired tastes. If you are used to diet, the real stuff tastes weird, and if you are used to the real stuff, the diet variety tastes artificial.

When I did drink it, I had no preference. My husband prefers Coke and Mountain Dew. I'm currently addicted to ice tea and Red Bull. (Not together.) I loooooove my ice tea maker!

In the abstract I've always had a sentimental attachment to Coke. Maybe it's the Coke Santa or the fact I've traditionally preferred their ads, but they really do seem to symbolize America! (I once read a friend's advertising textbook and it was interesting to see a listing of all their slogans, including claiming to be the perfect drink for prohibition.) Although I'm pretty annoyed by the current commercial with the limes.

Hey, Coke does seem to attract the best urban legends: http://snopes.com/cokelore/cokelore.asp.

If anyone uses Coke currently - or had used Coke in the past - as a spermicide, let me know how that's working for you! (That is, if you can tear yourself away from the baby.)
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sony MP3
Adopt your own useless blob! Blogcritics.org Blogwise - blog directory Who Links Here Listed on 
BlogShares Get Firefox!
Click on the graphic to vote for this
page as a Starting Point Hot Site.

      
Marriage is love.
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day by TheWebsiteOfEverything