Saturday, May 28, 2005

Short and Sweet. (Sweet and Sour?)

I like short stories that are easily understood on the most basic level. Then, and only then, do I want additional things to chew on like symbolism and subtext. It's like the expression about a bird in the hand beating two in the bush--a clear story with a clear point is the bird in the hand and all the rest, if it's there AND I get it, is gravy.

Entertain me, make me get something out of the experience...and then, after that, make me contemplate what the color red meant or if the woman on the beach was a sublimation of the guy's longing to talk to his dead mother.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sony MP3
Adopt your own useless blob! Blogcritics.org Blogwise - blog directory Who Links Here Listed on 
BlogShares Get Firefox!
Click on the graphic to vote for this
page as a Starting Point Hot Site.

      
Marriage is love.
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day by TheWebsiteOfEverything