Friday, May 06, 2005

Satisfying My Hunger

Googlism.com informs me that Detroit is the Anus of the Universe. I cannot call that one of the more appetizing thoughts I've ever contemplated. That being said, you cannot dis The Industrial Heart of the Country (as Animal Cops: Detroit calls it every episode) for its food. There's exceptional Soul Food, and Greek Food, and Pizza, and Ethiopian. There are also places which are way out of my league -- like the Rattle Snake Club.

When I move I'll miss the food -- at least the wide variety of foods you can get around the big city. I don't think there are a lot of sushi restaurants in Northern MN...and there are certainly none exactly where I'm moving.

And I don't seem to care all that much. Trust me, it's not because I don't have a deep and abiding love of food. It just seems like it's a fair tradeoff for being able to be close to my grandmother and heal some battle wounds.

There will be no fancy dinner for my birthday (June 10th - Daisies are my favorite flowers and my pale skin looks best in cool tones), but there will be fresh air, and my grandmother, and her cooking.

And there will probably not be any fine dining for my anniversary in August, but there will be starlight and I know how to light candles and pop open a bottle of wine. Yah You Betcha!

By the way, Googlism says: ely minnesota is about as good as you can get. And who am I to argue? (At least not this time!)
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sony MP3
Adopt your own useless blob! Blogcritics.org Blogwise - blog directory Who Links Here Listed on 
BlogShares Get Firefox!
Click on the graphic to vote for this
page as a Starting Point Hot Site.

      
Marriage is love.
Animal of the Day
Animal of the day by TheWebsiteOfEverything